Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /www/htdocs/w00900aa/Sources/Load.php(225) : runtime-created function on line 3
BFT plans for 2009! (Iron Horse, New Album, and MORE!)
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register. Home Help Search Login Register
+  Barefoot Truth
|-+  BFT
| |-+  Barefoot Truth
| | |-+  BFT plans for 2009! (Iron Horse, New Album, and MORE!)
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 5 Print
Author Topic: BFT plans for 2009! (Iron Horse, New Album, and MORE!)  (Read 22139 times)
AGertOne
Administrator
BFT Addicted

View Profile
« on: November 12, 2008, 07:31:07 PM »

So as pointed out in another thread, Barefoot Truth will be playing 2 shows in 1 night at the Iron Horse in Northampton, MA.  Here are the details:

2 Shows 1 Night. Seated acoustic show at 7pm, standing electric show at 9pm. Tickets are $12 per show or $20 (advance only) for 2 shows. http://www.nbotickets.com/Barefoot-Truth.asp

Other cool things to note:

-New album coming out in 2009 (I've heard a few of the tracks and they sound AMAZING)
-HUGE college tour to be announced soon (Over 30 shows I believe)
-The band plans on a tour for the Elias Fund to colleges with Elias Clubs this Spring
-The BFT guys also plan on making it out to new territory with some Midwest dates!
mace
BFT Addicted

THEstateINSPECTOR | ShoelessChris

Led+73+Zeppelin
View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #1 on: November 13, 2008, 07:49:35 AM »

i can see big things for the future.

i guess you can add john becoming a full time member as well? also i think in the 5 min that i took between the post for the april 3 show and this one i already have multiple cars going to the show. i got a ton of response for it being 7:30 in the morning and the fact that it is so far away

Bare feet, not arms.
AGertOne
Administrator
BFT Addicted

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 13, 2008, 04:57:59 PM »

True, I did leave out the addition of the keys, which have proven to be an integral element of the live show lately, and also in a lot of these new tracks!
mace
BFT Addicted

Led+73+Zeppelin
View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #3 on: November 14, 2008, 07:15:48 AM »

well i guess you can also go with the evolution of sound that barefoot has taken. started off acoustic and beach chill, then added andy and go funky, then added keys and seem like they are getting jamie cullum-ish (jazzy for those of you that dont know jamie cullum and should check him out)

Bare feet, not arms.
AGertOne
Administrator
BFT Addicted

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 14, 2008, 12:29:46 PM »

Yeah the BFT guys have definitely constantly been working towards a unique sound.
Kevin
Administrator
BFT Addicted

Jysta
View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #5 on: November 16, 2008, 04:57:40 PM »

well i guess you can also go with the evolution of sound that barefoot has taken. started off acoustic and beach chill, then added andy and go funky, then added keys and seem like they are getting jamie cullum-ish (jazzy for those of you that dont know jamie cullum and should check him out)

i think a lot of that is andys doing. andy brought wayno in and you can tell that the little intricacies that the songs have developed over the years are his doing. hes definitely they strongest musician.

AGertOne
Administrator
BFT Addicted

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 17, 2008, 05:49:22 PM »

Yeah true,

As an aside, who thinks that Will needs a good wireless mic for his vocals at the shows, seems like it would make his task a bit easier, but I'm not sure if that works or not with quality, being able to change your distance from the mic, etc.
Kevin
Administrator
BFT Addicted

Jysta
View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #7 on: November 17, 2008, 08:28:17 PM »

well that and they just look goofy

AGertOne
Administrator
BFT Addicted

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 17, 2008, 11:12:02 PM »

Yeah but Will trying to keep his head in place while drumming also looks goofy sometimes.
mace
BFT Addicted

Led+73+Zeppelin
View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #9 on: November 18, 2008, 07:17:25 AM »

i disagree. no wireless mic, that would just look stupid. wills goofy faces are one of my fav parts of shows. plus being a drummer myself, keeping your head in place for a mic is not hard. if you took away wills mic he would most likely still keep his head where the mic is supposed to be due to the face that he is used to it.

Bare feet, not arms.
AGertOne
Administrator
BFT Addicted

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: November 18, 2008, 12:57:59 PM »

Well put.

Another thing important to this year that I thought I'd carry over to this thread discussion since it died out in others is the name we call the BFT reps for the new rep section of their website.

Ideas?

One so far is the "foot clan"... No offense, but I'm not a big fan of that, sounds like a cult that worships feet.

Idea of mine to get the discussion going... "Truth Seekers"  ... Huh
mace
BFT Addicted

Led+73+Zeppelin
View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #11 on: November 18, 2008, 01:53:18 PM »

i really liked the foot clan but now that you say truth seekers, that is damn good. ill try and think of something clever

Bare feet, not arms.
Axness
BFT Newbie

View Profile Email
« Reply #12 on: November 18, 2008, 02:07:11 PM »

these two just popped in my head

"All Good Feet"

"Foot Walkers"
katey
BFT Lover

sut840
View Profile
« Reply #13 on: November 18, 2008, 07:19:17 PM »

how about just, "the truth"

only sometimes i refer to bft as "the truth" so i guess it could get confusing....
Axness
BFT Newbie

View Profile Email
« Reply #14 on: November 18, 2008, 07:50:46 PM »

but just think how awesome that would be if someone said "hey, what're you doing?" you could be all "oh, nothing. just reppin' The Truth."
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 5 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length